Congratulations on your upcoming wedding! Planning a wedding can be an exciting but also overwhelming experience. To help you stay organized, below is an ultimate wedding-planning checklist from start to finish.
12+ Months Before:
- Set a budget: Determine your overall budget and what percentage of it you want to allocate to each aspect of the wedding, such as venue, catering, and attire.
- Choose a date and venue: Pick a date that works for you and your partner and start looking for a venue that fits your style and budget.
- Create a guest list: Decide on who you want to invite to the wedding and create a guest list.
- Hire a wedding planner: If you’re feeling overwhelmed, consider hiring a wedding planner to help you with the planning process.
- Book a photographer and videographer: Research and book a photographer and videographer who can capture your special day.
- Book a caterer: Choose a caterer that suits your taste and budget, and schedule a tasting.
- Choose your wedding party: Decide who you want to have as your bridesmaids, groomsmen, and other members of your wedding party.
6-12 Months Before:
- Choose a wedding dress: Start shopping for your wedding dress and accessories, and book appointments for fittings.
- Hire a DJ or band: Choose a DJ or band that fits your taste and budget, and book them for your wedding day.
- Send save-the-dates: Send save-the-date cards to your guests so they can plan accordingly.
- Plan the ceremony: Decide on the type of ceremony you want to have and book an officiant.
- Book a florist: Choose a florist who can create beautiful arrangements for your wedding day.
- Book a transportation: If needed, book transportation for you and your wedding party.
3-6 Months Before:
- Order invitations: Choose and order invitations that match the style of your wedding.
- Choose wedding rings: Select your wedding rings and have them resized, if necessary.
- Plan the honeymoon: Start planning your honeymoon and book travel arrangements.
- Schedule hair and makeup trials: Schedule hair and makeup trials to ensure you look your best on your wedding day.
- Purchase bridesmaid dresses and groomsmen attire: Decide on attire for your wedding party and purchase their outfits.
- Finalize menu and decor: Finalize your menu and decor with your caterer and florist.
1-3 Months Before:
- Obtain marriage license: Obtain your marriage license from your local government office.
- Confirm vendors: Confirm details and timelines with all vendors.
- Have final dress fittings: Schedule final dress fittings for you and your bridesmaids.
- Purchase wedding favors: Choose and purchase wedding favors for your guests.
- Plan seating chart: Decide on a seating chart for your reception.
- Send final guest list to caterer: Send your final guest list to your caterer.
- Send invitations: Send out your wedding invitations.
1 Week Before:
- Confirm details with all vendors: Confirm details and timelines with all vendors.
- Pack for the honeymoon: Pack for your honeymoon and confirm travel arrangements.
- Confirm seating chart and final guest count: Confirm your seating chart and final guest count with your caterer.
- Rehearsal: Have a wedding rehearsal with your wedding party.
- Pamper yourself: Take time to pamper yourself before your big day.
On the Day:
- Relax and enjoy: On the day of your wedding, take a deep breath and enjoy the special moment with your loved ones.
- Have a backup plan: In case of any unexpected situations, have a backup plan in place.
- Eat and drink: Make sure you eat and drink throughout the day to stay energized.
- Thank your guests: Take time to thank your guests for being a part of your special day.
Congratulations on your wedding
After the Wedding:
- Send thank-you cards: Send thank-you cards to your guests for attending your wedding and any gifts they may have given.
- Preserve your wedding dress: Have your wedding dress professionally cleaned and preserved.
- Review vendor contracts: Review vendor contracts and make sure all payments have been made.
- Change your name (if desired): If you plan to change your name, start the process with your local government office and other necessary institutions.
- Share photos: Share your wedding photos and video with family and friends.
- Reflect on your wedding day: Take time to reflect on your wedding day and celebrate the beginning of your new life together.
Wedding planning can be a lot of work, but with a little bit of organization and a lot of love, you can create the wedding of your dreams. Congratulations on your special day, and may you have a lifetime of happiness together!